Protect Personal Information
At Dean Bank, we believe that the confidentiality and protection of our customers’ information is one of our fundamental responsibilities.
Dean Bank will never request confidential information via e-mail solicitation. Please report any such requests by calling (508) 528-0088.
Protect Your Social Security Number (SSN)
- Never send your SSN by unsecured email to anyone.
- Request another number on your drivers’ license instead of your SSN.
- Never carry your SSN in your wallet.
- Do not print your SSN on your checks.
- Do not give your SSN out just because someone asks for it. Understand why they need it and know whom you are doing business with.
Protect Other Personal Information
- Never keep PINs (Personal Identification Number) and Passwords in your wallet or any visible location.
- Be aware when using your PIN number that it should be protected.
- Be aware of giving personal information over the phone, by email and over the internet, unless you have initiated the contact.
- Be suspicious of anyone who calls you requesting personal information.
- Shred any personal information or documents you no longer need that could be used to establish an identity in your name:
- Pay Stubs.
- Pre-approved credit offers.
- Shopping receipts.
- Utility and phone bills.
- Insurance documents.
- Obtain your credit report regularly to check for fraud.
- Review your bank and credit card statements for accuracy.
If your card is lost, stolen, or if you think your PIN is being used by an unauthorized person(s), please call us immediately at 508-528-0088 during business hours or 800-528-2273 after normal business hours.